About Me

My photo
Montana, United States
Welcome to my blog! This is where I kind of ramble and try to say something of use every now and again. A little bit about myself. I'm a Christian. God is the most important thing to me. I believe in His son Jesus Christ. I was born and raised in Montana. I count my blessings. Growing up in a family of 10, milking goats, plowing gardens, hiking mountains. .. good times I like broadcasting (currently I work at a radio station). I'm interested in photography, sign language, music (I play piano and guitar), film-making, and crazy adventures. I thank God every day for my family and friends!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My Grandma...

There are a lot of things about my Grandma that I'm going to miss. When I was a tot, it was going to her house and eating coughdrops-I thought they were candy...I'm going to miss the stories-stories of chasing coyotes off with a pitchfork at 5 years of age, stories of her sod house and dirt floor--stories I should have listened to closer. I'm going to miss her humor-she was so funny and didn't even know it. Everytime I went to a dance she'd ask, "Aren't there any nice boys there?" When I finally found that nice boy, she could never get his name Elliot right and chose to call him Italiano. She could say anything and get away with it--she often commented on people's weight and size loud enough that they could hear. She told me when I was pregnant that I was huge and asked, "Aren't you afraid you are going to have a monster child?" I'm eavesdropped on her conversations to herself-"that Joanna is a nice girl but she sure is messy?"

I'm going to miss the more serious times-I often heard my Grandma praying for family outloud. I loved to see her open up her huge Bible and carefully read each line.

But time, time has passed and caught up to her as it will all of us. One day we're just a kid, the next we're raising kids, and then we're watching those kids raise more kids. The time we have is borrowed and the bodies were spending it in are too.

II Corinthians,

"For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved we have a building of God, an house not made with hands eternal in the heavens. . . For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life."

I have peace--a peace that my Grandma is loving her new house, spending time with her husband and Jesus. I know I will see her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment