About Me

My photo
Montana, United States
Welcome to my blog! This is where I kind of ramble and try to say something of use every now and again. A little bit about myself. I'm a Christian. God is the most important thing to me. I believe in His son Jesus Christ. I was born and raised in Montana. I count my blessings. Growing up in a family of 10, milking goats, plowing gardens, hiking mountains. .. good times I like broadcasting (currently I work at a radio station). I'm interested in photography, sign language, music (I play piano and guitar), film-making, and crazy adventures. I thank God every day for my family and friends!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

One Day

It's amazing how much people change.
One day they're on fire for God, the next day they act like they don't know Him.
One day they talk of Him, the next day they deny Him.
What is going on?
Where is your life headed.
I look around and see faces of hurting,
dieing,
religious
church-goers.
Like a lot of you, I was born and raise in a Christian home--
a very conservative home.
I always thought I was saved.
Well I doubted it a lot
but I didn't want to admit I was a sinner.
Sinners were those other bad people.
I was blinded to the Bible verse,
"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."
Everything changed though when I turned 13.
The lost feeling just got worse.
I didn't know what to blame it on.
I tried to find God, but prayed with no answer.
The morning was June 5th, 2003. My mom was 6 months along with my little brother when he was still born. I remember holding that lifeless baby in my arms with a lot of questions but I was strong. . .
too strong for God.
The next month is a blur. July 17th came. . . the day I was to fly on an airplane and visit my aunt.
I needed a new start.
God works in mysterious ways.
I mean I knew the salvation message like the back of my hand,
but it was all head knowledge. I was reading a WORLD magazine on the airplane and a phrase caught my eye. It was an ad or something that said,
"Trust in Christ Jesus as your personal Savior."
The lightning bulb went off.
That night I closed my eyes and prayed to God putting my faith in Jesus Christ
--not a baptism,
an upbringing,
or a prayer--
but in Him.
I remember waking up the next morning and hearing old hymns that finally meant something.
I remember devouring Bible verses.
Ephesians 2:8
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:
it is the gift of God.
If you're reading this and you are not saved or if you're reading this and you have doubts. . .
if you are religious. .
thirsty. .
He's come so that you may KNOW that ye have eternal life!
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God;
that ye may know that ye have eternal life,
and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
I John 5:13
God doesn't want you wondering. . .
Believe in Him.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son that
whosoever believe in Him should not perish;
but have everlasting life."
Don't just believe that He exists, but trust Him to save you.
Accept His offer of eternal life.
Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death;
but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment