About Me

My photo
Montana, United States
Welcome to my blog! This is where I kind of ramble and try to say something of use every now and again. A little bit about myself. I'm a Christian. God is the most important thing to me. I believe in His son Jesus Christ. I was born and raised in Montana. I count my blessings. Growing up in a family of 10, milking goats, plowing gardens, hiking mountains. .. good times I like broadcasting (currently I work at a radio station). I'm interested in photography, sign language, music (I play piano and guitar), film-making, and crazy adventures. I thank God every day for my family and friends!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

College Decision

I want to start off this post by saying that I didn't make this decision in haste, but I actually did think, pray a lot, and weighed all the negatives and positives of both options.
When I went down to PCC for my brother's graduation, I really was willing to go back to PCC if that was what God wanted for me. I talked to a couple of people when I was down there and they said they might be able to get me a job in the communications department and/or give me my scholarship back. Anyway, to make a long story short, God really did shut the door there. The college said they may not have a job for me in the communications department and they would not give me my scholarship back. I counted the cost. so I work another two years to make it through college. graduate with a degree. broke. . . In the end, people are looking for experience anyway? What did I gain? What really matters? When you die, it isn't going to matter how rich you were or how high your education was. The only thing that is going to matter is how much of any impact you made on people's lives. Don't misunderstand me. I believe in making the most of your skills and talents that God has given you; but I really believe for me, there are more productive ways.
I have to throw this out there too, because this was part of my decision making process. I'm not really interested in a career, because eventually I want to get married and raise a family. I don't see the point on spending my money pursuing a career, when I can be using my talents for God right now.
So. . . right now. I'm looking into some different opportunities. I'll continue to pursue sign language and piano, which usually opens up doors. I'm e-mailing a couple of different Christian radio stations in Alaska where you can volunteer for a certain amount of time and gain hands on experience. I'm also looking at furthering my filming skills either by buying a camera or going to some Christian film festivals.
I'm thrilled to see what doors God opens. I'll keep you all posted.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be praying for you about it, and that maybe God will give you some direction at the camp meetings. I'm so excited that you get to go this year! :D

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete