About Me

My photo
Montana, United States
Welcome to my blog! This is where I kind of ramble and try to say something of use every now and again. A little bit about myself. I'm a Christian. God is the most important thing to me. I believe in His son Jesus Christ. I was born and raised in Montana. I count my blessings. Growing up in a family of 10, milking goats, plowing gardens, hiking mountains. .. good times I like broadcasting (currently I work at a radio station). I'm interested in photography, sign language, music (I play piano and guitar), film-making, and crazy adventures. I thank God every day for my family and friends!

Sunday, October 3, 2010

where to start

I realize I haven't updated about my blog in quite a while. It seems like I've caught the blogging bug though just for tonight, because I saw all my other friends updating theres and yep pretty much the peer pressure. . . and I kind of need to be working on something else, but this is good too. right?
With 23 days till hunting season, I'm sure my life is going to get insane soon, but it kind of always is anyways. . . I got egged a few weeks ago. Now that's an experience.
Yesterday, we went to go visit some friends in Dillon. They had a BEAUTiful hunting cabin that they let us stay in and I found out the handsome makes great shampoo. lol. I love that place! and all the people that make it so great! I'm so glad somebody made me go to the conference this year. It was pretty much one of the greatest weeks ever and God is still showing me things that I learned there. I hope to not tarry in Kalispell too long.
So. .. I took a leap of faith and quit Super 1. I miss the people there, but I absolutely love the radio station work and the people at the radio station. Its got to be the coolest job ever! God blessed me SO much! I'm also teaching piano and now sign language on the side and taking guitar. . .yeah, I'm pretty busy, but loving every minute of it.
Here's the words of wisdom for the night. Somebody the other day told me, "Well it's easy to be always happy when you're a Baer." It made me stop and think. Am I really happy because I'm a Baer? I am so blessed to live in the family that I do, but if you really know me; that's not the reason. How do I explain to them that my life isn't perfect without sounding like a know it all? Why are so many Christians so depressed? I just don't understand it.
Well, here's the answer I meant to give; I found it all in one verse.

Psalm 28:7 (King James Version)

7The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

The only place where I can find joy is trust in God. It's funny how when you know God is in control even through the worst of circumstances you can be joyful. Our happiness as Christians doesn't depend on our growing up, how much money we have in the bank, how safe we feel, or anything we feel as far as that matter; but on God. Knowing He knows it all is the most freeing happy feeling of all.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I needed that! Thank you for putting it on here! I believe my latest quote would be, 'God is ever faithful'. I have seen the truth in that so many times this past couple of weeks with being away from my family for the first time. I get nervous about something and then God will open something up, such as a free 4 hour long guitar lesson with someone I have been wanting to learn from for a long time, and I just get blown away. I am reminded constantly how weak my faith is. So, I really appreciate you posting this verse and for your testimony of how God is faithful! Thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lydia!! It sounds like you're having a really good time! I'm so jealous of the guitar lessons. I just started learning. That's so neat that you got an opportunity to take lessons! Remember in your weakness God is strong.

    ReplyDelete