About Me

My photo
Montana, United States
Welcome to my blog! This is where I kind of ramble and try to say something of use every now and again. A little bit about myself. I'm a Christian. God is the most important thing to me. I believe in His son Jesus Christ. I was born and raised in Montana. I count my blessings. Growing up in a family of 10, milking goats, plowing gardens, hiking mountains. .. good times I like broadcasting (currently I work at a radio station). I'm interested in photography, sign language, music (I play piano and guitar), film-making, and crazy adventures. I thank God every day for my family and friends!

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas. . . .

One of my friends posted an article explaining some of the reasons why he didn't celebrate Christmas. . Well and I tried to post a response, but it was too long (shocker, I know). So, I decided that I should just post my own article.
First off, I think you all should know where I'm coming from. As much as we hate to admit me, our growing up and various experiences have some influence on what we believe. I seek to only base my beliefs on the Bible. With that being said, I have been on both sides of the Christmas debate. My family didn't celebrate Christmas until I was about 15 or 16. I've heard it all from the tree being evil, to the wise men not being three, to the time Jesus was born, and that Christmas is a pagan holiday.
I'm not even going to attempt to explain the origins of Christmas or any of it's traditions. Does it really matter? God owns December 25th as much as he does any other day. If the devil originally took the date, I am thankful that now it is a predominantly Christian holiday. It is the only time of year when you will hear "Away in a Manger" on a secular radio station or "Fall On Your Knees" sung on TV. What a great witnessing opportunity!

Romans 14:5One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

So does it really matter? When you stand before God, I really don't think He's going to care if you celebrated Christmas or not.

As far as Christmas being commercialized! I ain't going to deny it. But whether you let greed overcome you this Holiday Season, is your decision. . Christmas doesn't make you greedy.

What will God care about?

Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near [me] with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men.

Your heart. . .Where was yours this Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment