About Me

My photo
Montana, United States
Welcome to my blog! This is where I kind of ramble and try to say something of use every now and again. A little bit about myself. I'm a Christian. God is the most important thing to me. I believe in His son Jesus Christ. I was born and raised in Montana. I count my blessings. Growing up in a family of 10, milking goats, plowing gardens, hiking mountains. .. good times I like broadcasting (currently I work at a radio station). I'm interested in photography, sign language, music (I play piano and guitar), film-making, and crazy adventures. I thank God every day for my family and friends!

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Good hunting times

Hi everyone,
Well, I really missed hunting. . . didn't realize how much I missed it until I got out there for the first time. I went with just my sister Bethany. . . I think my Mom was scared that we would get lost or die. . . or something might happen. Anyway, can't say I really blamed her, because I ALWAYS get lost. For some reason, I thought I could just go out and find a deer. It was a lot harder this year than it ever has been, but it was amazing fun. I'm not sure which is more scary--my little sister with a fun or my little brother driving. . . After like 5 days hunting with nothing, I was beginning to think I was cursed, but dedication always (well, most of the time) pays off. Yesterday, I went out. We began our day by getting lost (but this one was my brother's fault). We didn't quite make it to our spot on time, but never fear. The hike began very uneventful. I was to the point where I didn't believe I would ever shoot anything. We came to the end of the road and turned around. I saw 3 tails (white). I knew I could shoot these ones. They were running at like 100 yards. I got a tail in my scope, decided not to shoot, found one quartering away. I lead it a little bit. . . by this time it was like at 150 yards. I shot out of sheer desperation. David was whispering in my ear. I think it's getting sick. I saw it drop. I was in shock that I actually hit it. (I'm not really a good shot, even under normal conditions). We all (David, Yacub, and Yosef) ran after it like wild people. All of the others got away. I saw 3 tails run away. I thought I only saw 3 to start with. Oh no, maybe I was seeing things. We began to weave down the mountain looking for any sign of blood or deer. David was off in the distance. "It's down here. You shot it in the guts." Oh well, it was dead. I was just shocked I even hit it.
Anyway, it was a very nice drag out (about 2 1/2 miles). . . .
So that puts the family count at 5 deer. . . and no elk, yet. . . Bethany got one pretty beautiful 2 point. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment